Import/Export in the works? If Not, Is it Helpful if I Code?

May 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hello Sebastien Ros,

I see you are running the source code on this one. I don't believe you have implemented an Import/Export on this module as of yet.  From having looked at the code I believe I can implement something similar to the Orchard.Projections.Drivers.ProjectionPartDriver solution for import and export (since the tables relate to each other but they are not ContentParts so I would need to handle the keys connecting them). 

Can you let me know if this is something you have already done/almost completed? If not, I can take a shot at it.

May 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Hmm, out of curiosity I was looking into this and it is more difficult since none of the tables are ContentParts.  It seems that first ContentPart's would need to be utilized (right now, the models are repository modules).  Even if the RuleRecord inherited from ContentPartRecord and we had a RuleRecordPart (that inherited from ContentPart<RuleRecord>), then the driver for RuleRecordPart could handle the import/export for RuleRecord and likely we could connect the import and export of ActionRecord and EventRecord data.  There is likely a better way.  I will wait a bit and see if this discussion has other contributors.